Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Simple Organization: Scrap Cave V1.0

I have been tweaking the layout of the Scrap Cave while waiting on baby to arrive.  A while back I wrote about WHERE I Scrapbook. I have now evolved from lap scrapper, tray table scrapper, and coffee table scrapper to a scrapper with her own space! This room will be a multi purpose room eventually, but for now, I get it all to myself! Here is version 1.0 of the Scrap Cave. (Still a major work in progress!!)
So far, this is what I’ve got: our former dining room table (aka card table), my paper cart, and the following: 

Storage cubes- the plastic drawers hold my stamps, ink, and paint. I have only unpacked a few of my albums and I’m going to keep them on the top of the unit for now. I am looking for a bookshelf that has tall enough shelves so that I can store all of my albums in one place- any suggestions? 

Oh, and I have to leave a box empty for Eureka to climb in and out of. This does not just apply to the scrap cave. This is a rule throughout the house! 
I keep alphas, bling, tags, and other commonly used embellishments in the basket. 
Other essential items to have nearby are my commonly used punches, twine, ink, mists, ATG, and some prepackaged kits of paper and embellishments. 
Last, but not least, a basket of tapes. Until I find a better way to organize them, I am keeping them nearby in a cute little basket! 
And my partner in crime. 

3 comments:

  1. It's looking great!
    I think it really does make a difference to have a specific spot set aside.
    I know I definitely do more creating now that I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is coming along nicely! I like having my own space. A space I don't have to clean up every time I want to scrap. I have a similar partner in crime, but he's tan and white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your space, it is looking great so far. I luckily have a built in bookcase that fits my albums from the previous owners, but I think the Ikea expedit shelves fit them..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!