Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why I Scrapbook- WHAT

Sometimes I think I love my supplies just as much as I love the finished pages themselves! I have always loved office supplies, pretty paper, and stickers. I had a sticker collection as a small child and would have to have more that one sheet of the stickers in order to justify using the stickers to decorate a notebook or letter to a pen pal. My crafty hoarding started at a young age...I blame Lisa Frank!

Paints and Mists
I love getting messy and making my own backgrounds with paints and mists. I think mists are my number one go to item when it comes to scrapbooking. I don’t feel that a layout is complete without at least one little mist! 



Pretty Paper
I love when I find a pretty piece of paper and it fits my picture perfectly or conveys the mood I want to convey. I love pretty designs, but stick to the simpler designs with my techniques.




Bling and Things
I love bling, buttons, punched butterflies...I cannot think about a layout without some sort of blingy fun stuff! 

Journaling is a MUST
Often the most important part of my layout is in the journaling. I want to tell stories through my scrapbooking and feel that journaling helps to tell others where you have been and why you feel it is important to document your memories through this art form. (More on that later!)


Here is one of my most recent layouts that has all of my favorite things: mist, bling, pretty paper (though not that much) and journaling.
Photos by: Pixels on Paper

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I love the clean design for your wedding layout- beautiful!
    (visiting via the Two Peas forum!)
    xErin
    http://erinblegen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty LO! That is so funny that you were a sticker hoarder as a kid. I remember Lisa Frank! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages! I definitely need to journal more because it is an important component of scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the post and I LOVE your LO
    you are stunning ! and the pics are great!
    do you still have your childhood collection of stickers ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!