Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Meals: Fajitas and 5 Layer Dip

Ryan loves dips and chips and I love to cook for him. So I decided to make him one of his favorites- a 5 layer dip. We had picked one up at Earth Fare that was tasty, but it was expensive and gone within a couple of hours. My solution was to make a similar homemade version.

Here is what I did:

Layer One:
Amy's Organic Refried Beans (Seriously the best beans EVER!)

Layer Two:
Mix in a small bowl: 2 ripe avocados, 2 tsp lime juice, pinch of salt
Layer over the beans.

Layer Three:
Salsa (We used some acquired from the local farmer's market- YUM!)

Layer Four:
Sour Cream with Taco Seasoning sprinkled on top.

Layer Five:
Mexican Cheese Blend

Don't judge a dip by it's photo:


Because we cannot just eat dip alone, I stayed with the cuisine theme and made fajitas.


Is it wrong for me to be in love with my new cutting boards? One for meats and one for veggies. *swoon*


Tasty goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!